Sunday, July 24, 2011

Overdue for an Update

Hi Y'all,
I haven't updated this thing in a while, but for good reason--I don't have an established internet source in Indy yet. But not to worry, I'll get one soon and will regularly blog about my adventures in the Midwest soon enough. For now, I'll give you a succinct rundown of the last 2 weeks of my life:

- Left Mississippi
- Spent a night in Nashville (LOVE NASHVILLE)
- Got to Indianapolis and moved in with some friends. Will stay here until my house is vacated.
- Got my car! It's a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe. I absolutely adore it!
- Did a lot of shopping (i.e. bed, food, necessary equipment, etc.)
- Unit planning for my first semester. I'm working on my Government curriculum and what I want to teach and how I want to assess students.
- Been hanging out with 2010 Corps Members and 2011 Corps Members. This part has been a blast.
- Starting work tomorrow. I'll be training at John Marshall Community High School from July 25th to August 4th. Did I mention it's paid training?! =D


I'll post more later. My life is inexplicably hectic right now. Buh-bye for the moment!

With Unwavering Love,
Derik Ohanian

No comments:

Post a Comment